COVID–19 Status: FieldHaven Feline Center is committed to prioritizing the health and safety of our community, staff, volunteers, and animals in our care. We are keeping a close eye on developments surrounding COVID-19 as they continually change and evolve. Due to COVID-19, our traditional foster program has been minimized. We have a new program called Kitten Sitters to help members of the community in caring for found kittens. To keep tabs on our response to the COVID-19 pandemic, please visit our blog and our Facebook page. Our facilities are currently open by appointment with COVID-safe restrictions and protocols in place.
FieldHaven Feline Center’s foster families are special people who provide love, care, and socialization for cats and kittens waiting for homes. Foster families allow us to rescue more cats and kittens by alleviating overcrowding in our shelter, thereby saving more lives. Foster families provide temporary care for kittens or cats in their own homes until they are adopted. This may be for a few weeks or a few months.
The most common reasons our cats are in foster care are:
- They are too young to be spayed or neutered and adopted
- Mom cats have new litters of nursing babies
- They are recovering from medical procedures, injuries, or illness
Training and support for foster family success
All veterinary care and medicines (if necessary)
Supplemental items, e.g. blankets, scratching posts, toys, etc.
Foster Families Provide
Daily care in a safe home environment
Time and energy for lots of play, love, and socialization
Administering of medicine (if necessary)
Regular reports on the foster feline’s progress and personality to the foster care manager and medical staff
On occasion, transport your foster to FieldHaven Feline Center when needed for vaccines, vet checks, etc.
- Video: 5 Tips for Your New Foster [Jackson Galaxy]
- Video: Goodbye is the Goal of Fostering [The Kitten Lady]
- Most questions can be answered by viewing our Foster Requirements & FAQs
- View upcoming events, including potential foster meetings and foster trainings.