FieldHaven Feline Center’s foster families are special people who provide love, care, and socialization for cats and kittens waiting for homes. Foster families allow us to rescue more cats and kittens by alleviating overcrowding in our shelter, thereby saving more lives. Foster families provide temporary care for kittens or cats in their own homes until they are adopted. This may be for a few weeks or a few months.
The most common reasons our cats are in foster care are:
- They are too young to be spayed or neutered, and adopted
- Mom cats have new litters of nursing babies
- They are recovering from medical procedures, injuries or illness
FieldHaven provides our foster families with:
- Training and support to be happy, successful foster families
- All veterinary care and medicines, if necessary
- Supplemental items like blankets, scratching posts, toys, etc.
Foster families provide:
- Daily care in a safe home environment
- Time and energy for lots of play, love, and socialization
- Administering of medicine, if necessary
- Kitty litter
- Regular reports on the foster feline’s progress and personality to the foster care manager and medical staff
- On occasion, transport your foster to Fieldhaven Feline Center when needed for vaccines, vet checks, etc.
- Most questions can be answered by viewing our Foster Requirements & FAQs
- View upcoming events, including potential foster meetings and foster trainings.
Cats of all ages are part of our foster program. Please click on each picture below for a more detailed summary of the needs of the cats and the expectations of the foster families at each stage of life.