Any individual with a cat or cats in Lincoln, Newcastle, Sheridan, or Wheatland in need of spay or neuter services qualifies for SNAP. However, our target audience is:
- Caretakers of feral colonies wishing to trap, neuter, release, and continue caring for the colony
- Members of the community who have rescued or are feeding feral/stray neighborhood cats
- Anyone who requires assistance with spay/neuter surgery
What SNAP Covers
- Spay or neuter surgery
- One FVRCP vaccine
- Rabies vaccine
- Other necessary medical care at the discretion of our medical team. Any extensive care/costs must be discussed with a FieldHaven staff member before costs are incurred.
Assistances with Logistics
- Transportation assistance can be provided by FieldHaven staff and volunteers by prior arrangement. Recipients will schedule spay/neuter with FieldHaven, drop off the animal(s) at FieldHaven the morning of surgery, and pickup that evening
- Traps and cages can be loaned to individuals working with feral cats. There is a refundable deposit of $75 to $125 required for use of all equipment
- Advice and assistance with instruction on the use of traps, TNR, recovery, etc. can be provided. Volunteer time to provide physical assistance is very limited but will be provided as available.
Education is also a key goal of the SNAP. FieldHaven volunteers provide education on responsible pet stewardship to local youth groups, civic organizations, and schools.
Each year, our goal is to spay/neuter 500 to 800 community and owned cats at low or no cost. This does not include the cats that enter the adoption program in our shelter. Funding for this beneficial service comes from philanthropic grants and you, our donors.