About Jen Paul
Jen is a self-proclaimed “crazy cat lady” in love with her job. Born in San Francisco and raised in the Bay Area, Jen’s passion for animals and nature led her to the following:
- Environmental Studies Major at San Jose State University
- Lead Coordinator for Earth Day Events at Skyline Jr. College
- Pool Safety and Health Inspector for Santa Clara Co. Health Agency
- Activist Coordinator for the Sea Turtle Restoration Project at Earth Island Institute S.F., CA
- Project Coordinator for Friends of the Ferals, San Mateo, CA
- Assistant Manager at the Tropical Rainforest Museum, Sunnyvale, CA
- Adoption Counselor, Foster Mom, and TNVR team member for the Homeless Cat Network in San Carlos, CA
- Intern for the Stormwater Pollution Prevention Program, San Mateo Co.
- Environmental Health Services, CA
- Instructional Asst. Special Ed. Dept for Lincoln High School, Lincoln, CA.
After moving to Lincoln in 2000, Jen became inspired by FieldHaven’s founders, Joy Smith and Jann Flannagan. Starting as a volunteer, her dedication to the cats and kittens in need evolved into the position of Shelter Manager by 2005. Over the years, Jen has supervised the SNAP and TNR teams, Community Outreach, Volunteer Teams, CAT Team, and the FieldHaven Spa; currently, she is the coordinator for both the TNR as well as the Barn and Community Cat Programs.
- Mohandas Gandi