Animal Care Assistant
Preferred weekly schedule: 30 hours/week on Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday, Sunday
FieldHaven Feline Center, a dedicated sanctuary for animal welfare, is seeking a passionate and skilled Animal Care Assistant to join our shelter team. This vital role is integral to maintaining the optimal health and well-being of the cats and kittens under our care, whether they reside in our shelter or are placed in foster homes.
- Collaborate in coordinating animal care and welfare activities, prioritizing the physical and mental well-being of all cats within our care.
- Work closely under the supervision of our Shelter Operations Manager to assist in examinations, administer treatments, medications, and vaccinations as directed.
- Monitor the health of all shelter cats and promptly address and relay any concerns to the supervising staff.
- Proficiently manage intakes to the shelter and adhere to current protocols for parasite control, vaccinations, and other necessary treatments.
- Schedule and organize veterinary care for shelter animals, including rechecks and preventive measures, including vaccinations, as needed.
- Provide support to the Shelter Operations Manager by assisting with appointments and treatments as outlined in our protocols for animals located in foster home care.
- Collaborate with the Shelter Operations Manager and Adoption Team to facilitate the successful adoption of our feline residents.
- Maintain meticulous and accurate medical records, ensuring the proper placement of other relevant medical records received, such as SNAP data, Hathaway Clinic data, laboratory results data, etc.
- Undertake any additional duties or tasks as directed by your supervisor.
- Occasionally participate in outreach or community events as required.
- A minimum of one year of experience working in an animal care environment.
- Proficiency in handling cats and administering medications, treatments, and vaccines.
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills, with a high level of maturity and decision-making ability.
- Self-motivated with the capability to maintain workflow despite interruptions or a fast-paced work environment.
- Competency in using personal computers, including MS Word, MS Excel, and shelter database software.
- Skilled in writing routine reports and correspondence.
- Reliable transportation to and from the workplace.
This position is based at FieldHaven’s shelter in Lincoln, CA, and reports directly to the Shelter Operations Manager.
FieldHaven Feline Center is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply.
Join our dedicated team and help make a difference in the lives of cats and kittens. Apply now to become a valued member of FieldHaven Feline Center by emailing your resume and cover letter to [email protected]