SNAP: Spay Neuter Assistance Program
Donate to SNAP || SNAP Request Form
Any individual with a cat or cats in need of spay or neuter services qualifies for SNAP. However, our target audience are:
- Caretakers of feral colonies wishing to trap, neuter, release, and continue caring for the colony.
- Members of the community who have rescued or are feeding feral/stray neighborhood cats.
- Anyone who requires assistance with spay/neuter surgery.
We provide services in Lincoln, Newcastle, Sheridan, and Wheatland.
What SNAP Covers
- Spay or neuter surgery
- One FVRCP vaccine
- Rabies vaccine
- Other neccessary medical care at descretion of Auburn Spay and Neuter. Any extensive care/costs must be discussed with a FieldHaven staff member before costs are incurred.
Assistance with transportation, equipment, etc.:
- Transportation assistance can be provided by FieldHaven staff and volunteers by prior arrangement. Recipients will schedule spay/neuter with FieldHaven, drop off the animal(s) at FieldHaven the morning of surgery, and pickup that evening.
- Traps and cages can be loaned to individuals working with feral cats. There is a refundable deposit of $75 to $125 required for use of all equiptment.
- Advice and assistance with instruction in the use of traps, TNR, recovery, etc. can be provided. Volunteer time to provide physical assistance is very limited but will be provided as available.
Education is also a key goal of the SNAP. FieldHaven volunteers provide education on responsible pet stewardship to local youth groups, civic organizations, and schools.
"The cat overpopulation problem in Placer County is daunting, but we are committed to providing the expertise and equipment to Lincoln Residents to fix the cats in their neighborhoods."
Jann Flanagan, Co-Founder of FieldHaven
We're here to help you with all of your feline spay and neuter needs. For more information or to schedule an appointment:
Donate to Snap
Each year, our goal is to spay/neuter 500 to 800 community and owned cats at low or no cost. This does not include the cats that enter the adoption program in our shelter. Funding for this beneficial service comes from philanthropic grants and you, our donors, and support team.
To help us fund this critical service, please choose a support level below. Thank you for your help!
Donations of any amount to our SNAP program are much needed and appreciated.
The Glide Foundation
Thank you to the Glide Foundation for helping to fund our Spay/Neuter Assistance Program!